Wednesday, May 10, 2017

Welcome to the All-New Comic Reading Library!

Well, it's been a long time since I had new posts on this blog, hasn't it? And you're possibly wondering what happened to all the old posts here.

So here's the deal: In June, my original blog, Random Acts of Geekery (RAOG) is being retired, and since I don't want to be without any active blog, I figured I'd bring this one back from the dead.

As the title says, this is the All-New Comic Reading Library... so what does that mean? Well, I used this as a feature on RAOG, but I did things different there... instead of posting a complete comic book, I was posting stories from a variety of different books. I'll be doing much the same here, except that each day, Monday through Friday, I'll be posting stories that fit a particular genre of comics. For example, one day I'll post all Superhero stories, the next might be Westerns, the next might be Sci-Fi, and so forth. I considered having certain days always be for certain genres, with one day having a rotating spot, but I think I'll just run through the genres day after day and see how that goes.

For those of you who've been reading the posts here before, as well as those who've read the CRL posts on RAOG, there will be some repeats here and there, but hopefully each days post will provide you with something you've not seen before.

The comics I'll be posting here should all be public domain tales, and most of them will be from the Golden Age, although a few from the Silver Age will creep in as appropriate, too!

Regular posts will start on June 19! Hope to see you here!

1 comment:

  1. Going to miss Random Acts of Geekery very much, but I must admit, my favourite content was the Comic Reading Library posts, so I'm happy to see that you're going to continue that here. Would you please consider adding a "Follow by email" button for this blog, Jon? It's how I followed RAoG, and pretty much the only way I see new posts on any of the blogs I want to follow. Hope to see that option soon, and wishing you the best of luck in this new(ish) endeavour!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are appreciated, so long as they are pertinent! Spam will be deleted.